This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a quick & refreshing salad which you could stir collectively in simply minutes. It’s the proper recipe to convey to a potluck, and makes a simple packed lunch, too!
Whether or not you serve it as a primary course or as a aspect dish, it’s certain to be a success. Strive serving it with Eggplant Lasagna or Entire Roasted Cauliflower, for a veggie-packed meal. Or attempt including cooked hen on high, for additional protein.
Want a vegan recipe? This recipe is vegan pleasant once you go away off the feta cheese. You’ll be able to add a dollop of hummus, as an alternative, for added creaminess.
Why You’ll Love It
– It’s made with easy components. All you want is a pair cans of chickpeas (additionally known as garbanzo beans), plus some contemporary components that you could be have already got within the fridge.
– It’s filling. Since chickpeas comprise each fiber and protein, this salad is rather more hearty than a leafy inexperienced salad.
– It’s full of taste. Utilizing contemporary herbs, like dill and parsley, take the flavour excessive! It’s excellent in the course of the Spring and Summer season months, when contemporary herbs are at their peak.
– It’s straightforward to arrange. All you want is one bowl for mixing, and a reducing board, to cut every little thing up. Relying on how briskly you’ll be able to chop a couple of veggies, this salad comes collectively shortly!
– You’ll be able to customise it. In the event you don’t have an ingredient available, it’s straightforward to swap it for one thing else with this recipe. You’ll be able to style as you go! It’s additionally straightforward so as to add one thing like olives, if that’s your desire. (I’m not an olive fan over right here.)
The right way to Make Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
1. Put together the dressing.
Within the backside of a big bowl, add the additional virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Whisk effectively, and let the dressing relaxation as you chop the veggies.
(The lemon juice will assist mellow the garlic taste because it sits.)
2. Chop the veggies.
Cube the crimson onion, cucumber, crimson bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and contemporary herbs. The smaller you cube them, the extra totally different flavors and textures you’ll take pleasure in in every chunk!
Add the veggies to the bowl of dressing as you go, to allow them to begin marinating.
3. Add the chickpeas.
Open the canned chickpeas, then drain them right into a high-quality mesh strainer and rinse effectively. Switch the drained chickpeas to the bowl of veggies and dressing, and toss effectively.
Let the chickpeas, veggies, and herbs marinate within the dressing for no less than quarter-hour earlier than serving, for the perfect taste. In the event you’d wish to stir in some feta crumbles, for additional creaminess and saltiness, you’ll be able to add that now, too.
Style and modify any seasoning to style, then serve straight away. This salad is scrumptious chilled, or at room temperature shortly after you make it.
You’ll be able to retailer this chickpea salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. It turns into extra soggy because it sits, so I don’t suggest storing it for much longer than that!
Can I take advantage of vinegar as an alternative of lemon juice? In the event you don’t have lemon juice available, you should utilize 2 tablespoons of crimson wine vinegar for the same taste. White vinegar or apple cider vinegar also needs to work equally.
Can I take advantage of totally different herbs? Certain! You should use contemporary mint or basil as an alternative of the dill, when you like.
Can I take advantage of much less salt? In fact! The salt on this recipe is only a suggestion primarily based on my style preferences. If it’s worthwhile to comply with a low-sodium food regimen, be at liberty to start out with much less, and season to your liking. Remember the fact that the salty taste will mellow as this recipe marinates, so if it tastes salty at first, it gained’t essentially style as salty once you serve it.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is loaded with contemporary veggies and takes simply minutes to assemble! It is the proper salad to convey to a potluck, and it additionally makes a simple packed lunch.
- 3 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 teaspoon high-quality sea salt (I take advantage of Actual Salt model)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 crimson onion , diced
- 1 crimson bell pepper , seeds eliminated & diced
- 1 giant cucumber , diced (non-obligatory to take away seeds)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1/4 cup contemporary dill , minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley , minced
- 2 (15-ounce cans) chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 3 ounces crumbled feta (non-obligatory; omit for vegan salad)
In a big bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Combine effectively.
To the bowl of dressing, add within the diced onion, crimson bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, dill, parsley, and drained chickpeas. Toss effectively to coat every little thing within the dressing. Let the salad marinate for no less than quarter-hour, so the flavors can meld.
Add the crumbled feta to the salad and stir effectively, then modify any seasoning to style. You’ll be able to add additional lemon juice for a sharper taste, or additional contemporary herbs, if desired. Serve straight away at room temperature, or you’ll be able to retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge to sit back till able to serve.
This salad will preserve effectively within the fridge for as much as 3 days. After that it will get somewhat soggy, so I do not suggest making it too far upfront when you plan on serving it to visitors. It would look the prettiest when you add the feta shortly earlier than serving.
For a dairy-free and vegan salad, omit the feta.
Energy: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 20g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 1424mg | Potassium: 618mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1515IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 4mg
In the event you do that Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, please go away a remark and star score beneath letting me understand how you prefer it.