Have you ever ever tried smoked salmon and eggs collectively? It’s one among my favourite protein-packed breakfasts! Smoked salmon is paired with scrambled eggs, purple onion, and contemporary dill for a satisfying, savory breakfast.
This recipe is impressed by the restaurant I used to work for in school, almost 20 years in the past. Salmon & Eggs was one of the crucial well-liked meals on our menu! While you sauté smoked salmon, the feel turns into extra interesting (when you’re not a fan of raw-fish-texture) and it brings out much more of a salty, scrumptious taste.
Even when you’re not a salmon fan, this dish really surprises everybody who tastes it!
Why You’ll Love It
This can be a filling, flavorful, low-carb breakfast that may go away you feeling happy for hours. Plus, it’s loaded with vitamins!
Right here’s extra to like:
Search for wild-caught smoked salmon, when attainable, as it’ll almost definitely comprise fewer contaminants when in comparison with farm-raised salmon. Nonetheless, it’s attention-grabbing to notice that farm-raised salmon sometimes accommodates extra omega-3 fatty acids.
Substances You’ll Want
What goes into salmon and eggs?
- Smoked salmon
- Purple onion
- Contemporary dill (don’t skip this!)
- Salt & pepper
It’s surprisingly easy, however so extremely flavorful.
The right way to Make Salmon and Eggs
1. Saute the onion. Add olive oil to a nonstick skillet over medium warmth, and sauté the purple onion till it softens about 5 minutes. This provides a slight sweetness and just a little crunch to the general dish.
2. Add the eggs. Crack the eggs right into a bowl, and season with a hefty pinch of salt and pepper.
Pour them into the pan with the onions, and stir typically with a spatula to assist scramble them. Decrease the warmth in the event that they begin to prepare dinner too shortly, as you need the eggs to nonetheless be barely gentle if you add the salmon.
3. End it up! Add within the smoked salmon and contemporary dill, and proceed stirring and scrambling the eggs. The salmon ought to flip extra opaque in coloration because the eggs end cooking.
This dish is greatest served heat straight away. When you’d prefer to sprinkle some additional contemporary dill on prime, go for it!
The right way to Serve It
When you’re on the lookout for a low-carb meal, attempt serving salmon and eggs with sliced avocado for an additional supply of wholesome fats and fiber. It’s additionally scrumptious with roasted potatoes on the facet, or attempt it with a facet salad and creamy tahini dill dressing.
On the lookout for one other manner to make use of smoked salmon? Strive my Smoked Salmon Salad with Easy Dill Dressing.
If you wish to attempt some additional add-ins, these can be scrumptious, too!
- Cheese. Strive including in crumbled gentle goat cheese, feta, or cream cheese, for an additional creamy texture. The goat cheese and feta will add additional saltiness, too.
- Contemporary herbs. When you’re not a fan of dill, freshly chopped chives would work properly right here, too.
- Swap the onions. When you don’t have purple onion available, or would favor a extra delicate taste, you should utilize inexperienced onions as an alternative. In that case, simply add the inexperienced onions if you add within the salmon, since they don’t want a lot cooking.
- Use butter as an alternative of oil. This recipe is dairy-free if you use olive oil to saute the onions and eggs, however you possibly can positively use butter when you want.
Extra Savory Breakfast Recipes
If you would like extra wholesome breakfast concepts, attempt one among these!
Salmon and Eggs
Smoked salmon is paired with scrambled eggs, purple onion, and contemporary dill for a scrumptious, protein-packed breakfast that may go away you feeling full for hours. It is able to eat in lower than quarter-hour!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium purple onion , diced (1/2 cup)
- 4 massive eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 3 ounces smoked salmon , torn into small items
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced dill
Energy: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 383mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 558IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg
When you do that Salmon and Eggs recipe, please go away a remark under letting me understand how you prefer it!
Reader Suggestions: Do you take pleasure in seeing extra low-carb or greater protein breakfast concepts? I’d love to listen to if in case you have any recipe requests for the longer term!