This crunchy Thai Salad is the kind of salad that makes you crave extra veggies. It options crunchy cabbage and carrots, recent cilantro, and a creamy peanut dressing that can make you need to lick the bowl clear!
The nut butter merely gives a creamy base, and permits you to use much less oil than a standard dressing may name for.
Why You’ll Love It
- It’s ultra-flavorful. It is a restaurant-quality Thai salad you could make at house in lower than quarter-hour. The peanut dressing brings all of the veggies collectively, with a scrumptious crunch in every chew.
- It’s wholesome. Who doesn’t need to take pleasure in consuming extra veggies?
- It’s gluten-free. Whenever you use tamari as an alternative of soy sauce, you’ll preserve this recipe naturally gluten-free. (Sure, common soy sauce accommodates gluten!)
- It’s dairy-free. The dressing is creamy, with out utilizing any dairy. For those who sweeten it with maple syrup as an alternative of honey, it’s vegan, too.
- It’s versatile. I usually use sunflower seed butter as an alternative of the peanut butter on this recipe. And when you don’t have one of many veggies readily available, you possibly can definitely swap something out that you should. When recent mango is in season, I like add that on prime.
- You may make it forward of time. Chop the lettuce and stir the dressing collectively over the weekend, after which you possibly can assemble a salad in lower than 5 minutes throughout a busy week.
I hope you’ll give this Thai salad recipe a strive, as a result of it’s one in every of my household’s favorites. My husband informed me he may eat this on a regular basis!
The best way to Make It
- Combine the dressing. Add the peanut butter dressing components to a jar or bowl, and whisk nicely. Set it apart to let the flavors develop, as you chop the salad veggies.
- Chop the veggies. Use a knife to finely chop the romaine, cabbage, purple bell pepper, inexperienced onions, and cilantro. I exploit a field grater to shred the carrots, or you should utilize a julienne peeler. (Or purchase pre-shredded on the retailer!)
- Toss it collectively. Pour the dressing over the salad components and toss nicely. I often begin with solely half the dressing, after which add extra to style.
- Take pleasure in! Add any additional toppings you want, reminiscent of crushed peanuts or cashews for additional crunch.
Save any leftover dressing for future salads, or use it as a dip for Veggie Spring Rolls or sliced veggies.
- Make it nut-free. Use sunflower seed butter as an alternative of peanut butter.
- Make it vegan. Use maple syrup as an alternative of honey.
- Add mango. Contemporary mango is a match made in heaven with this Thai peanut dressing.
- Make it SCD-friendly. Use honey as an alternative of maple syrup.
- Use solely vinegar. I’ve used an additional tablespoon of rice vinegar, as an alternative of the lime juice, in a pinch.
I’d love to listen to anything you strive with this Thai salad recipe, too! We are able to all profit from one another’s experiences.
Extra Wholesome Salad Recipes
Searching for extra veggie inspiration? Strive these!
Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
This Thai-style salad is tossed with a creamy peanut dressing that can make you need to lick the bowl clear! Add recent mango, when it is in season, for an extra-delicious mixture.
Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (68 grams)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (12 grams)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (27 grams)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (31 grams)
- 1 tablespoon tamari (18 grams; or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey (57 grams)
- 2 garlic cloves (8 grams)
- 1-inch recent ginger (5 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (2 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed purple pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water , or extra as wanted
- 1 romaine coronary heart , chopped (5 to six oz.)
- 2 cup purple or inexperienced cabbage , shredded (5 to six oz.)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium; 4.5 oz.)
- 3 inexperienced onions , chopped (0.7 oz.)
- 1 purple bell pepper , chopped (3 oz.)
- 1/2 cup recent cilantro , chopped (0.5 oz.)
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts or cashews (optionally available; for topping)
- Make Forward Ideas: Put together the dressing as much as 5 days upfront and retailer it within the fridge. The veggies can all be chopped as much as 24 hours upfront, after which you possibly can assemble this shortly earlier than serving, to retain the utmost crunch.
- Make it Vegan: Use maple syrup as an alternative of honey.
- Make it Nut-free. Use sunflower seed butter as an alternative of peanut butter.
Energy: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 9g | Sodium: 507mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 9236IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg
For those who do that Thai Salad, please go away a remark beneath letting me understand how you prefer it!
Reader Suggestions: Some other standard salads you’d prefer to see right here?