Vegan Fajitas are a simple, wholesome dinner, cooked all on one pan! It’s a scrumptious solution to eat extra greens, with minimal clean-up required.
These veggie fajitas from my good friend Carleigh’s new ebook, PlantYou (affiliate hyperlink), and I like how simple they’re to organize.
Simply toss a couple of veggies on a sheet pan with spices, after which they roast to perfection in lower than half-hour.
This stunning ebook is loaded with 140+ plant-based recipes which might be additionally oil-free. Remember to test it out in case you want some vegan recipe inspiration! Every of her recipes embody a photograph, plus images of the components so that you’ll see precisely what that you must make them.
Components You’ll Want
What’s in vegan fajitas?
- Portobello mushrooms
- Bell peppers
Fajita veggies are very simple to customise, so be happy to make use of up no matter you have got available. You should use purple onion, inexperienced bell pepper, or some other veggies you’re keen on.
I’ve added a bit olive oil to this recipe to assist preserve the veggies moist and forestall any sticking to the pan, however you would additionally line the pan with parchment paper and skip the oil, in case you want oil-free cooking.
As soon as the veggies are cooked, you may serve them in a tortilla or lettuce wrap, with toppings like sliced avocado, contemporary cilantro, guacamole, or salsa. You may even sprinkle some vegan cheese on high, or use my favourite vegan nacho cheese sauce.
Or attempt vegan bitter cream, or plain coconut yogurt, so as to add some creaminess.
In the case of selecting a tortilla, you should use corn tortillas for a gluten-free possibility, or flour tortillas in case you want an possibility that is a bit more sturdy, and simpler to fold. You too can attempt Cassava flour tortillas or almond flour ones, for a Paleo & grain-free possibility.
Make Vegan Fajitas
1. Slice the veggies. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and slice the mushrooms, onions, and purple bell peppers into strips. Switch them to a big rimmed sheet pan and toss with olive oil.
2. Roast. In a small bowl, make the fajita seasoning by stirring collectively chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Sprinkle the seasoning over the veggies and toss nicely.
Roast till they’re tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Take pleasure in! Serve the roasted veggies in heat tortillas along with your favourite toppings. I wish to high them with contemporary cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice, to brighten up the flavour.
To heat the tortillas: Place every tortilla on a dry skillet over medium warmth for 30 seconds, then flip and heat the opposite facet till they’re comfortable. Repeat with as many tortillas as you want for serving. You too can wrap a stack of tortillas in foil and heat them within the oven for the final 10 to fifteen minutes of the cooking cycle.
Leftover fajita veggies could be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Serve them over cooked rice in a burrito bowl, or add them to a vegan quesadilla. They might even be tasty in a breakfast burrito!
Often Requested Questions
Do I’ve to make use of an oven? No, you may saute the fajita veggies in a forged iron skillet, as an alternative. Simply warmth the oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth, then saute the veggies till they begin to soften, about 5 to eight minutes. Add the seasoning, and stir once more till the spices odor aromatic and the veggies are as tender as you’d like them to be.
That is really quicker than the oven methodology, however you’ll want to face by the range on this case, so it’s extra hands-on.
What different spices can I add? You should use smoked paprika for a smoky taste (begin with a 1/2 teaspoon) or onion powder, for additional taste. You possibly can at all times style as you go, and add extra to your liking. For extra of an umami taste, you may add a splash of soy sauce (which isn’t gluten-free, FYI) or add a touch of scorching sauce, for additional spice.
Extra Vegan Mexican-Impressed Recipes
When you love these Vegan Fajitas, you’ll additionally love these!
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas. Made with creamy candy potatoes and protein-rich black beans, this meal filled with taste and texture. And it has the simplest home made enchilada sauce!
- Vegan Tacos. Made with mushrooms, walnuts, and cauliflower, this taco meat is a scrumptious solution to sneak extra veggies into your life.
- Best Black Bean Soup. This soup tastes prefer it got here from a restaurant! Serve it with sliced avocado on high, and a few tortilla chips on the facet for dipping.
- Easy Guacamole. Selfmade guacamole is tough to beat, and this one is modeled after the model you’d purchase at Chipotle.
- Roasted Salsa Verde. This inexperienced salsa is a pleasant various to the traditional purple model, and is straightforward to make at dwelling!
Vegan fajitas are cooked on a sheet pan, for a simple one-pan meal! It is a wholesome dinner that you may cook dinner in nearly half-hour, and serve them with any toppings you’re keen on.
- 2 portobello mushroom caps , sliced into skinny strips
- 2 purple bell peppers , sliced into skinny strips
- 1 giant yellow or purple onion , sliced into skinny strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fantastic sea salt
- 8 corn tortillas , for serving
- sliced avocado
- contemporary cilantro
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. On a big rimmed sheet pan, add the sliced portobello mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion, and toss nicely with the olive oil.
In a small bowl, combine collectively the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Then sprinkle it evenly over the veggies and toss nicely. Place the pan within the oven and roast till the veggies are tender, about 25 minutes.
You possibly can heat the tortillas by inserting them in a dry skillet (no oil required!) over medium-high warmth for 30 seconds, then flip and heat the opposite facet. Repeat with the remaining taco shells. Alternatively, you may wrap the stack in foil and place them within the oven for the final 10 to fifteen minutes of the cooking cycle.
When the fajita veggies are executed roasting, serve them heat in a tortilla with sliced avocado, contemporary cilantro, and salsa on high. (Or some other toppings you’re keen on!) Leftover veggies could be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
This recipe is shared with permission from
Energy: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 1g | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2016IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg
When you do this Vegan Fajitas recipe, please depart a remark and star score under, letting me know the way you want them.