This Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream is of course sweetened and dairy-free, and is simply as satisfying as the normal model. All you want is 4 easy components to make it.
I think about you would use every other fruit you’re keen on, too, comparable to mango, peaches, or raspberries.
Why You’ll Love It
- It’s vegan & Paleo pleasant. As a result of this ice cream is made with out milk or white sugar, it’s good for these following a particular weight loss program.
- No tree nuts required. The creaminess right here comes from coconut milk, which is technically a drupe. I don’t suppose the coconut taste is important right here, both. (My youngsters didn’t discover!)
- It’s naturally sweetened. Maple syrup is the right sweetener right here, with out including a noticeable maple taste. All you’ll style is basic strawberry ice cream.
- It’s simple. Simply mix 4 components collectively, and run it by way of your ice cream maker. Will probably be able to eat in lower than 1 hour.
- It tastes like the true factor. Significantly! Coconut milk primarily based ice cream often seems a bit of extra “icy” in texture than one that’s made with heavy cream, however flavor-wise this ice cream is ideal.
Need to make ice cream with out an ice cream maker? Try my immediate Peach Ice Cream, which makes use of a meals processor as an alternative. You’ll be able to swap the peaches for frozen strawberries, to make an immediate strawberry model.
Learn how to Make It
- Plan forward. In case your ice cream maker requires that you simply begin with a frozen bowl, make sure to place it within the freezer no less than 24 hours prematurely. My ice cream bowl stays completely saved in our freezer through the summer season months!
- Mix. Add the strawberries, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla to a blender, and mix till clean.
- Course of. Pour the combination into your ice cream maker, and course of till thick and creamy, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Take pleasure in! Serve this ice cream straight away for the creamiest texture, or switch to an hermetic container and retailer it within the freezer for a extra agency ice cream.
Be aware: This vegan ice cream is essentially the most “scoop-able” inside 2 to 4 hours of freezing. After that, it can develop a more durable, icier texture. It’s nonetheless scrumptious, just a bit extra crumbly to scoop. Let it thaw in your counter for 10 to fifteen minutes in the event you freeze it in a single day, to assist it soften up a bit.
No Ice Cream Maker? You too can merely pour this combination into an hermetic container and freeze till agency, stirring about each hour or so, to assist incorporate air, the best way an ice cream maker does.
The ensuing ice cream is often barely icier, however completely scrumptious.
Suggestions for Making the Finest Vegan Ice Cream
- Make “less-icy” ice cream. Chill the cans of coconut milk within the fridge, and use solely the strong cream from the can of coconut milk. You’ll be able to reserve the liquid to make use of in a smoothie recipe later. I not often have the persistence to plan forward for this step, so I simply use the entire can and I nonetheless suppose it seems nice! On this case, your blended combination shall be thicker.
- Use contemporary or frozen fruit. Frozen berries are typically extra inexpensive and are already ready for you– no slicing required! I take advantage of frozen strawberries right here, however you should utilize contemporary when you have them available. It might take barely longer to course of the ice cream in that case.
- Don’t use “lite” coconut milk. The fats from the coconut milk is what offers the creaminess right here, so utilizing lower-fat coconut milk will end in a more-icy texture.
- Make it even creamier. You’ll be able to add uncooked cashews to this recipe to make it even creamier. I’d begin with only a 1/2 cup, however you may add a full cup for even creamier outcomes.
I hope you’ll love this vegan strawberry ice cream as a lot as we do! For an additional-decadent deal with, strive topping it with Peanut Butter Magic Shell, for an ice sundae that tastes like a PB&J.
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
This Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream is dairy-free and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. All you want is 4 easy components to make it, and it tastes like the true factor!
Diet data is for 1 of 8 servings, roughly 1/2 cup every. This data is mechanically calculated, and is simply an estimate, not a assure.
Energy: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 1g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg
For those who do that Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream, please depart a remark beneath letting me understand how you prefer it. And in the event you make any modifications, I’d love to listen to about these, too.
Reader Suggestions: Which ice cream taste would you prefer to see subsequent?